Thursday, April 29, 2010

Eleven Inches Later


What an adventure today was!

It was such a thrill to make this decision and then follow through with it. I have had long hair for about ten years, and so growing that extra few inches to get it to the proper length for donation made sense.

The piggies don't look that long in the pics, but tip to tail they are 11" long! Of course that didn't leave much that was still attached, but the stylist that cut my hair made it work!

We started our time in the salon measuring and discussing what kind of look I would want for my style when we were done with the donation cut.
























Billy Luttmer was the stylist who took my long crazy mane and tamed it into a sleek, elegant do.
Thanks so much to Billy and McCarty Salon (801.581.9911) for taking the time to make this a wonderful experience!
























And this is what I am what I am left with! I was able to share this event with a few other fabulous women, and will tell you more about that tomorrow ;o)
























Getting used to the new me...

B-

8 comments:

itsallrosi said...

you look great!

Mary said...

Love your new "do"! Looks great! And thanks for making such a wonderful donation.

Helen said...

Fabulous!

Brenda Hurd said...

you look so darn cute! i love it!

Elizabeth said...

Just wonderful, Becky! Mine is long enough--but I'm waiting for Maddie's to grow the last 1.5 inches she needs to hit the right length. All this haircutting excitement in UT this week is making me extremely impatient! : )

Angelnorth said...

Yay, looks fabulous Bek, great decision! I did this with mine too - would you believe I couldn't find a UK charity that does it so I ended up airmailing my plaits over the Pond to you guys! Hope you're keeping well and busy!

Julie said...

I love your haircut! You look gorgeous!!!!! :)

Cindy Lyles said...

Absolutely LOVE the new do!!!!!!! Gorgeous girl you are!!!!!