Thursday, March 29, 2007

Back to the CK offices



Only this time I didn't feel like throwing up, it was great!


I took in the layout that was requested for the Hall of Fame edition, and it was such a relief to get it gone!


I was going down that way anyway because I helped Rick move today into the home that he and Bri just bought in Highland, so I asked if it would be okay if I just dropped while I was down that way. It was much easier than boxing it up, going to the post office and shipping and then worrying and tracking it for four days!

This is a layout of Laurel that was swapped out of my entry, maybe that was a mistake, maybe it was a good thing, I will never know, but I do love it, it speaks of my relationship with Laurel so precisely yet poignently! The reason I traded it was that I had made it clear back in December (didn't do the journaling until the end of January, was waiting for the "perfect" thing) but in the January Jenni Bowlin Technique on her website, she showed a technique very similar to this one. I cried. This was not necessarily rocket science in the technique department, but it was terrible timing. Anyway needless to say, I didn't want anyone to think that I was desperate for ideas and poached one at the last minute.

The overlay has old Dee's Design by My Mind's Eye rub-ons with paint underneath to give depth and great rich color that you just can't get from a printer. Then the bottom is old German candy box paper that was sewn onto the bottom for that lacy looking detail! A few Making Memory pins strategically placed a Teresa Collins flower with some bling and some of her tiles for the title!

I am grateful that I was selected for this honor, and hope that people will find my work inspiring and fun. But in the long run it is the memory of this conversation that I had with my daughter that will ultimately be my blessing for having such a crazy, fun, obsessive hobby!

B-

1 comment:

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

That is stunning Becky~!!!! Congrats on the HOF pub too!