Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Preparations for Thanksgiving

I love Thanksigiving, it is a major "food event" in our family! I only enjoy cooking the really fabulous stuff, the things that kids really don't want to eat. So for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter, I usely pull out all the stops and go for it!
My Menu is:
*Turkey (fresh)
*Mashed Potatoes
*Homemade Gravy
*Twice baked Yams
*Homemade rolls
*Artichokes
*Broccoli
*Homemade Apple Pie
*Homemade Pumpkin Pie
*Various delicious Nibblies

I am so excited! I also found the biggest (really,really huge) pomegranites at Costco today! So beautiful!
















They look big in this bowl, but not really impressive.















The bowl that this is next to is a about a 8 inch pasta bowl!
These pomegranites weigh about 3 pounds each! the seeds in the bowl is from half of a fruit!
Anyway, my kids and I love to pick on them and this is the only time of year you can get them, so we usually eat ourselves sick on them!

I also found gorgeous artichokes today!















I am getting up tomorrow morning, playing tennis, finishing last minute shopping, hanging out playing paper with Rox and then I am going to get started on the pumpkin pies in the afternoon, I am really looking forward to spending the day with the family, and celebrating a day for expressing gratitiude!
B-

No comments: