Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Joy of the Season

The gift that will bring me the most joy this season arrived on Sunday night. It was tied up with love, delivered with a knock on the door and the delivery person disappeared into the night. Attached there was a hand made card that had a very thoughtful note written inside, that read:

 (outside of the card)

"Merry Christmas Sister Olsen"

(inside the card)

"Dear Sister Olsen,
Thank you for teaching us how to be more like Jesus. Please be fragel with this.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Hope you enjoy my brothers."

Sami

p.s. Do not let dogs chew!















I have been teaching the same children in primary at church for almost three years, and I love them very much and appreciate the lessons that we have all been learning together for that time. They will be getting a different teacher in the new year and I will be getting different children, some will even be the siblings of the children I have been learning with. If you want to know what pure love is, give love freely to a child and they will share that rare and precious gift with you. And I think that this is the best gift you can receive during the holiday season.

B-

1 comment:

Elaine A said...

Becky -

How thoughtful of them to think of you. And how wonderful of you to give your time and love to others. I am sure the lessons they learned from you will be carried into their future. Merry Christmas!

Elaine Allen