Saturday, September 24, 2011

Upcycled Glass Jar Tea Lights

 I wanted to share a fun upcycle of glass jars and inexpensive vases that I have been playing with. They look really great when lit outside in the dark, but it is a little hard to see the fun detail of the the finish in those pictures, so I took a few pics in my light box.


















This little vase was from an inexpensive flower arrangement, but I loved the shape! I took my Alcohol ink in Lettuce and Silver and used the Tim Holtz application tool to dab the colors all over the outside.


















This was an old pasta sauce jar, and I have been saving them since I figured out how to do this, looking forward to doing some of these in oranges and purples and putting on my porch for the Halloween season. This one was done with Watermelon and Silver Alcohol inks. On the places I felt like the silver was getting too heavy I would add a little blending solution to the applicator tool. I did this one first and was a little more heavy handed with the silver than I was on the green. I like them both, but the light comes through the green one a little better because there is less silver on it and the silver is opaque.


















I love fall and crafting for the seasons and events is one of the biggest reasons why!

B-

1 comment:

Elaine A said...

I love how these look Becky. I've done this on jars with lids and filled them with candy as gifts. I like the idea of putting in lights. Thanks for sharing.

Elaine Allen