Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Comfy?

 I hope everyone is happy, cozy and comfy as we settle in to give thanks for all that we are blessed with. Thanksgiving is a beautiful holiday and I love how it gives me a reason to pause and appreciate every detail in my life, large and small.


Our little family has had many struggles this last year, but even more successes, and opportunities for growth and I don't know that it is something I would recognize without taking some time to reflect. As I was die cutting these leaves for a Hambly blog tutorial each of them reminded me of how individual and unique our blessings are, but how similar they are as well.


















* We have constantly dirty floors, but we have two of the most beautiful dogs that love us all unconditionally.
* A schedule that is often hectic and seemingly out of balance, but we are lucky to have so many places that we are welcomed warmly and with enthusiasm.
* A son that we haven't seen for close to two years that has taken precious time out of his life to share what he believes strongly in.
* Children who are sassy and at times completely exhausting, that are amazing, independent and intelligent individuals.

Of course there are loads more examples, but you get the idea, the human condition is so very fragile, and very consistent. We all need shelter, food, love and peace. I hope that this weekend brings you all of those things.

Many wishes for a very blessed Thanksgiving.
B-

No comments: