Monday, October 04, 2010

Using Text on a Thank You Cards


 Our theme for card group this month was using text on a thank you card. I love text of any kind and can always use more thank you cards! So this months card was something I was really excited to make! I started with some Tattered Angels spray mists in Vanilla Breeze and Patina on Hero Arts Snow colored cards as my base. I love how true the colors of the mists came up using the white as the base. I intentionally added lots of splatter drops for visual interest by just dipping a paint brush into the top of the mist bottle and then tapping it against my hand to give it some directional control, it was then set aside to dry. Then the edge of the card was inked using Frayed Burlap Distress ink. That same color was then used to stamp the gorgeous Hero Arts Old Letter Writing script wood mounted over the top of the misted layers.
Once the base is complete, it is time for the sentiment layer. I used a lovely Prima paper that had very subtle text in the layers of color and design but the primary images were the butterflies. I cut pieces that were 2 1/2" x 2" and inked the edges of those as well. I also punched out little butterflies using my much beloved Martha Stewart Classic Butterfly punch and added the beautiful Basic Grey Teal Opalines onto the bodies of those little butterflies. The sentiment was printed out on my printer, trimmed apart, adhered to the card a letter at a time and then stitched with my sewing machine for a little extra texture. I loved making this card and will be reproducing it in a few different ways and colors in the future. I thought it would be a fun one to share how I made and that someone else might be inspired by it as well.
B-


No comments: