Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Coming Up For Air



I have been a crazy, crafting fool getting projects done for the CLASS room and for the In Touch Newsletter, along with other things that needed done as well. I have few short minutes to come up for a little air before I dive back in for my card group projects and a few other deadlines that are around the corner. I just love the challenge that all these different types of projects gives me, and I am so grateful that I have to opportunity to work from home creating these fun things!

Last Saturday I had so much fun getting together with a few of my favorite girls, and we snacked giggled and even crafted a little! It was a few hours away from all of the crazy of life and filled with fun!
Natalie was our hostess with the mostess! Isn't she adorable? She is sporting a few of the super cute little flower clips that Erin showed us how to make. Natalie's little girl Penny joined us for a few snacks and gave us a tour of the darling house that she shares with her talented parents. No pics of that because I got to hold for that part!!!


After the snacking and the tour we settled into our excuse for getting together, the crafting. April had brought a very cute tissue paper flower kit and put those together.
Erin and Celeste made a really cute scalloped fabric banner that Natalie had designed, Natalie worked on a camera strap and I made a little headband that matches the apron I had made with my mom and Laurel a few months ago. A very successful afternoon if you consider making fond memories worthwhile ;o)




Evidence that crafting occurred, Celeste and Natalie are ironing their little beauties!!




I have been trying really hard to cut back on my junk food consumption, but this buffet of beautiful snackage convinced me to take the afternoon off, relax and enjoy myself! There were gourmet malt balls in dark chocolate, chocolate covered potato chips, animal crackers, homemade brownies, homemade strawberry jam, cupcakes, and beautiful pastries! I tried a little of each and was actually pretty good given that it was all so delish!





Doesn't this table look like fun was had by all?





We all can't wait to do it again, and have other projects we want to try in mind. Maybe an apron and jam day or some stamping and paper crafting. I don't care what we do as long as we get to spend some time together and have snacks!

B-

No comments: