Wednesday, February 03, 2010

A Few More Thoughts and Pics From CHA

I still have a few random pictures and thoughts, so hope that you don't mind me sharing them.

It was really fun to contribute some samples to the Ranger booth, the "Hello Chica" card and the "Hey Sunshine" projects are mine. Claudine's product line is so versatile I just love playing with it!
























It was a great compliment to be included in Suze Weinberg's Melt Art Challenge for this show. I had a great time playing with Mold N' Pour, UTEE, and Perfect Pearls for this project. I wanted to play off of numbers and love, with the challenge of including a ticket theme as well. The other side of the sign said "Love is a Lottery". It was fun to have one side be romantic and the other be snarky and skeptical, and the sign flips over to reflect the mood I am in. Anyway, there are loads of really fun techniques that I played with, and I learned so much about the product line by playing with complete abandon. If you haven't tried this art medium yet, you have got to give it a go, it is a blast!
























I spent the first day of the show in Teresa's booth, and these are all of the wonderful people that I got to know from the experience. Stefanie, myself, Echo, Teresa, Candace, Greta and Jesse were all Team Teresa, good times!!















And another picture that Angie sent to me is of us getting to meet IRL for the first time! We are similar in so many ways, that getting to hug and have a visit for a few minutes was one of the highlights of the trip for me!





















A few more products to keep your eyes out for:

Paper tapes, both Pink Paislee and 7 Gypsies had them, and this is an amazing product with so much potential, can't wait to have them filling my house!

Flower ribbons from Webster's Pages were amazing, I want yards and yards of this in every color, amazing!

Photocentric is a company that has created a machine that lets you design your own stamps from home that are photo-polymer quality! I will be first in line to buy this!

Buttons and alphas from Cosmo Cricket that coordinate with all of their product lines, yum yum!

A new line of products from My Mind's Eye called Lush that is truly that. Elegant, timeless and full of delicious papers and embellishments, can't wait!

Mica flakes, vintage style crepe paper and a line called Kitschy Kitchen from Melissa Francis were calling my name, vintage was definitely a huge theme for this show and Melissa delivered!

Jenni Bowlin brought it with some fabulous vintage style products as well, and she has such a clever way of making them fresh. The buttons and butterflies from this show were a real standout and I am sure we will be seeing them everywhere!

Creative Imaginations has a product that is a wood paper. Basically anything you can do to paper you can do with this. It is obviously more brittle if you are going against the grain, but if you go with it, you can do some pretty amazing projects, even run it through your printer!

That is all I can think of right now, I think it is pretty covered between the first post and this one. But if anything else comes to mind I will be sure to mention it.

I can't wait to get crafty with all of these delish products, are you excited too?

B-

1 comment:

Elaine A said...

Hi Becky -

Thanks for posting the photos. Really, really loving your UTEE piece. Just fantastic!

Elaine Allen