Sunday, February 21, 2010

Chocolate Cake, Swan Lake and the Sofa

What a weekend! Filled with loads of quality time with friends and family, I am feeling like my batteries are recharged and I am ready to deal with what life is sending my way. Friday night was so much fun, time with delightful girls having chocolate cake and belly laughs for dinner and then catching a movie that made us all laugh even more. (Valentine's Day gets a two thumbs up from me if you need a movie recommendation!) This was such a wonderful boost for my spirit.

I had barely caught up with myself and didn't even have time to get in a decent meal before I was out of the house again and off to the Ballet West production of Swan Lake where one of my long time friends and tennis partner for years was the key sponsor of the afternoon matinee. She had invited our little Wednesday group to be her guests for the show, the tickets were in a fantastic location (G 10, front and center!) the company was delightful and the show was absolutely incredible. It was a beautiful afternoon that left me in awe and full of inspiration. I feel so blessed to have friends that are so generous, kind and uplifting! By the way, if you have never been to the ballet, give it try, it is such an athletic and beautiful art form. The way the dancers move and control their bodies is amazing, something that reminds me that we need to push ourselves through pain and discomfort to succeed in what we love.

After the late night on Friday and the long afternoon on Saturday it was time to curl up on the sofa (their was some church time in there on Sunday morning) for the rest of the weekend and watch all of the Olympic events that had been dvr'd while I had been out. The kids, Dave and I have been enjoying watching these together and again the beauty of strength and drive from the human spirit's desire to achieve at the highest level possible has been an inspiring and wonderful way to spend time together. There are so many memorable moments from this chapter in the Olympic legacy that it is hard to pinpoint just a few favorites, a few of my favorite athletes with exceptional achievements are Lindsey Vonn, Julia Mancuso, Evan Lysavic, Bode Miller, Apollo Ohno and Shaun White are just the few that really stick out of the top of my head. What were your favorites so far?

So that leaves me with no projects to share at the moment because I really haven't been in my studio except to make little love notes for my cute little primary class kids. This week I have big plans for some new Studio Calico Anthology, Pink Paislee Queen Bee and October Afternoon's Fly a Kite! These products are burning a hole in my pocket and now that I have a recharge on my creative battery, I am hoping to make a huge pile of fun things to share!

Hope you have had a weekend that left you recharged as well!
B-

1 comment:

Sofa said...

Great Advice!
Hey enjoyed the weekend!
Sofas are certainly an integral part of the furniture. Without a proper Sofa set we can't have our home decorated properly. Spending time with kids is really great hope it would be the most memorable moment.
Thanks for sharing.....