Sunday, January 03, 2010

Twenty-Ten

It sounds good, a fun number to say for what I believe will be year full of fun and adventure!

With an eye looking forward my heart needs to express gratitude to 2009, a year that was difficult, pushy and made me grow. Not necessarily in the ways that I would have chosen, but worthwhile none the less.

Thank you 2009 for:

1. Providing me with a job that was challenging and fulfilling.
2. Taking that job away so that I could learn humility and find the strength to overcome that loss.
3. Showing me how to let a son leave for two years to go to another country to serve our Heavenly Father.
4. Letting me watch a daughter transition from a spunky high school student to a mature college student.
5. Watching with pride as a daughter develops her learning skills and becomes an exceptional student and having enough wisdom to support but not push her.
6. Taking the time to visit a beautiful island nation with the man that I have been married to for 22 years.
7. Friends that have blessed my life and the opportunity to help them through troubled times when they needed it.
8. Loads of professional growth in the crafting industry, learning how to design stamps and then use them with loads of fun products.
9. A large improvement in my organizational and follow through skills.
10. Improved patience and appreciation.
11. Learning the difference between wants and needs.

The list could go on, but this is the highlight reel. 2009, don't take this wrong way, but I am happy to have you in the rear view mirror, you were quite the challenge for me!

Welcome 2010, I am ready for you!
B-

5 comments:

Mary Kay said...

look at your gorgeous self!

Lynn said...

If I created a list of things I was thankful for in 2009, near the top would be making some wonderful friends thru scrapbooking experiences.

And then I would wish upon a star that I lived closer to those extraordinary people.

You are AWESOME! Keep on being that great crafter, designer, mother, wife and friend!

Unknown said...

{Becky} Know it's been a tough year. What a great list of things to be thankful for. Wishing you a wonderful 2010!

Kim Mraz said...

love you Bek.
I am so thankful for you
xoxoxo

Rachel Carlson said...

cheers to you bek!