Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Cornish Heritage Farms + Shimmerz = Pretty!


Cornish Heritage Farms and Shimmerz did a product swap, and it has been fun to watch the creativity develop!

I started with a sheet of CHF's Simply Smooth cardstock that I spritzed with "Baby's Breath" I hurried the drying process along a little with my heat tool. When it was dry, I stamped Ornamental Vines with Distress Embossing ink by Ranger. Sprinkled Red Pepper Adirondack embossing powder and then heat set. Next came the really fun part, I sprayed some of the Baby's Breath Spritz onto my mixing tray and then used my paint brush to get Fire Engine Red and Pink paints out of their pots and onto the tray. I then painted in a watercolor style, using the pink to loosen the red and the spritz to loosen the pink, very fun! I then heat that as well. I put a little more paint onto the end of my brush and gently tapped to get little splatter for an aged look.
After it is all dry, I trimmed it into three panels and stitched onto a Basic Grey background for a bright pop of color that makes me so happy! My kids call that color "Becky Green" because it is my favorite!
Tomorrow a few of the CHF designers are doing a blog hop, so there will be loads of inspiration to be found! I love the project that I will be sharing tomorrow, so if you have a minute come visit and then check out the other girls, it will be loads of fun!

B-

2 comments:

natalie malan said...

so cute! love that color combo. You always make it look so fun and easy, then I go to make a card and it's so stressful! lol. You have major talent. Maybe some will rub off on me eventually!

Jennifer Scull said...

so beautiful! love the panels behind that gorgeous flower! :)