Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Historic day!

Watching all of the inaugural activities today has been very exciting and has me wishing that I could have been in Washington D.C. to witness this pivotal moment in U.S. history in person. Oh well, it will have to be enough that I was able to participate in my own small way through observation on our television.


Another memorable moment for me today was the release of the latest Rummage Bin collage stamp. It is special to me because I had the chance to design this one. The image was built around my oldest daughter who loves to play the piano, and some of her favorite pieces to play are from "Queen" so they are familiar to my husband and I. We love to hear her picking through a new piece to figure it out and have as much enthusiasm for a piece that she has mastered and can play through with meticulous beauty. This talent serves our whole family well as it spreads joy and good feeling through the house, but it also provides her with an outlet to express whatever she is experiencing in her life that she may not wish to vocally articulate. Music gives us wings to fly.

Prism smooth white and brown cardstock, Music Gives You Wings Rummage Bin, Aged Music Scrapblock, Saturday Evening Post Vintage Butterflies, Ranger distress inks and embossing powder, My Mind's Eye patterned paper and the guitar brad is from Creative Imaginations.

Have a wonderful, historic day!

B-

1 comment:

Ranger and Tanner said...

wow! this is a beautiful image! and a beautiful card. Have fun at CHA, I will miss not seeing you.