Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Oh my goodness!!!


Such a week since getting home, so much to catch up on!


We have been very busy with work at Cornish Heritage Farms too, loads of amazing art coming down the road, it just keeps getting better!

I wish I could have gotten a better picture of this project, but it is from the Thomas Kinkade Christmas pack! This paper is so pretty, and it makes cardmmaking a snap. This card was inspired by my wishing for it to snow more very soon. It has been unseasonably warm for the last couple of weeks, and I am ready for winter!!!

I loved hearing what you all have for your holiday meals! Dave and I have finalized our menu, and I am hungry already thinking about it.

Cheese and cracker plate
Fresh veggie plate
Fresh turkey
Spring Mix salad with gorgonzola cheese, comice pears and toasted pecans with vinagrette
Fresh green bean casserole
Broccoli
Whipped maple syrup yams with cinnamon and pecans
Mashed potatoes
Homemade rolls
Blackberry/apple jam
Homemade Apple pie

I have been doing a bunch of prep for Thanksgiving so there is less to do on that day. I am so happy when I get to cook for everyone, so fun!!! I have a fresh twenty pound turkey in the fridge, I have made the blackberry/apple jam, the yams are boiled and will be whipped with maple syrup, sourcream and cinnamon, the pecans were toasted with maple syrup, garlic powder and cracked black pepper for my yummy salad, and my list for finishing the shopping tomorrow is made and will be done early so that I don't have to deal with last minute crowds!

I hope that all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and that you can eat yourselves silly as well!

B-

3 comments:

Ranger and Tanner said...

Yum! Way to go on the pre-prep, can't wait to see new CHF goodies.

Brenda Hurd said...

sounds like your going to have a fabulous thanksgiving! miss you!

Julie said...

That sounds so yummy! I hope it all went well for you.