Friday, September 14, 2007

Have you hugged your computer today?


No seriously!
I am on mine (both of them) all the time.
Don't know what I would do without them.
Last Friday when I hung out with Kayla, Natalie and Celeste for the evening, we got to talking a little bit about how we started including our computer in our scrapbooking. That was such an eye opener for me. I have always used mine. The very first memories I kept were DJ Inkers clip art printed out onto really cheap cardstock (the only kind at the time!) and some paint pens colored in the images and then I would try to write a few thoughts or a date.

So in that spirit, and since my mind is on Halloween, I thought I would provid for your entertainment some of my very first layouts! These are from about 1995.
Please don't judge me harshly, I know they are pretty hideous by today's standards. But that was 12 years ago, and I was trying hard to keep my special moments remembered! I know the stickers and I didn't know any better, so I used both sides of the same thin sheet of cardstock, one side printed out right, and then I ran the next otherside through for the skeleton crew and it was upside down, it broke my heart! So I said "Oh well..." and ran it through the right way and tried so hard to make it work! I know it isn't amazing, but the idea is that these are my memories, and who will care twenty years from now if they are gorgeous pages? They will look at those crazy costumes that I made, yes I hand painted five sets of sweatsuits with glow in the dark paint, and say what a goofball! That is something that I really wanted to remember! My kids loved those costumes so much they slept in them and wore them until I couldn't stand the sight of them anymore and then they wore them some more, LOL!
So my point, I guess, is that we use our computers so much more than we realize, we should embrace that and figure out new ways to involve one of our most reliable tools in our memory keeping more often! Our computers will love having our company even more, and you will be able to get more of those precious, crazy moments preserved!
B-

1 comment:

celester said...

ahhhh, decorative-edge scissors and dj inkers! classic scrapbooking! so much fun to see, thanks for sharing! as per your request i've got a halloween kit releasing soon. let's see if you can create something to rival those old layouts shall we!!