Thursday, May 24, 2007

Manila Hybrid Inspiration Folder


So the First challenge of the StudioWERX Street Team is to use a regular old manila filing folder and some hybrid products and create something!
This was such a cool project, I downloaded a few of the Lazar digiWERX papers, some of the brushes and got to printing! The digi papers were printed onto Making Memories ledger paper for a little extra interest and dimension.
I printed the brushes on a transparency, and then painted them on the back. The paint acts as an adhesive to hold the transparency to the folder! Some ribbons, Heidi Swapp and Queen & Co. flowers and a couple of Making Memories bling brads make a little eye candy!
I used a glaze pen in black to do the journaling on the transparency, love that look, so textured and slick! The number 2 is a foam thicker by American Craft and the Scroll is from Maya Road!


I hope this inspires you, and if you end up making something, post a link,
I would love to see!
Today is one of those funny ones for carpooling, My Carter-Sauce has an early day because he alone has no school tomorrow. So I picked him up at 1:15, then I go back and get Laurel from the High School at 2:10 and then Chloe from the Junior high at 3:00. These schools are all about 5 miles from my house, so there is no way to just kind of go and wait around, there is just enough time between to be annoying, but not enough to go and actually get anything done.
I love visiting with them after school, so I wouldn't miss this part, especially at the end of the school year with all of the excitement!
Going to go put some miles on my rearend!
B-

3 comments:

Angeltown said...

Becky this is so awesome! Love the way you used this folder!

Lu said...

love, love, love!!! working on mine this week.

Anonymous said...

hey cutie! LOVE how this turned out! thanks for the push to get mine started whilst you were here! just got back in town late last night and decided to use mine as a travel journal for our road trip! i'm almost done w/it - thanks again! hugs, rach