Thursday, July 06, 2006

2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th


And today is the 6th.
What was I doing instead of blogging?
Well, Kimand her good friend Lindsay had this really cool contest going and Rox and I couldn't pass up the chance to enter!
It was for 2 (yes, two!) registrations for the SBA girls weekend! That is almost $1000 worth of wow!
So getting our entry done took the better part of two days. We had to do some layouts and answer some really funny random questions about some of the participating instructors. But most of the questions were from Kim and Lindsay's fun lives!
Along with this silliness I played a little tennis, LOL! Monday was about 4 hours total, two in the morning and then two in the afternoon! Poor me! Tuesday brought one of my favorite holidays and oh, yes I started the morning with a hit with Winnie!
Winnie is the amazing mother of the other pro I hit with a lot, Lindsey. She is in her late 50's, and she is incredible! Beautiful, athletic and the nicest most sincere person, LOVE her! So it costs me a lot of money to hang out with her, but worth every cent!
After a refreshing and necessary shower, I watched tennis, Wimbledon is in the second week, and I am obsessed! No American players left in the draw, bummer. But the quality of tennis is so high that it is so inspiring!
After a slow start, we got ready to go to my parents house to enjoy the late afternoon with a BBQ, card games and then fireworks. It was fun and we stayed way to late!
My brother and his wife have been staying with my parents since they sold everything and moved from Dallas. So I spent the day with them driving around and looking for the neighborhoods that appeal to them. They want to be really smart with their next house purchase and try to find a "livable" fixer. But staying with your parents for an extended amount of time could become trying, and they don't really want to get there, so it is something they want to stay on task with! I was very glad to help!
Of course there was the requisite 1.5 of tennis for me in the late afternoon, so I was able to deal with the car ride knowing there was light at the end of the tunnel!
Sadly, I haven't used a camera in days now. I just haven't had it in hand when I wanted it, and haven't taken the time to go find pictures, bad me!
The girls have loved having their "girl cousins" move so close and have enjoyed every minute spent with them! So many wonderful things about your family living close together!
We are blessed!
B
p.s. still miss the boy.

No comments: