Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Llama fuzz goodness!


This project was in the Nov/Dec issue of Papercrafts this year. The card is a simple one to make, and it really reminds me of the "reason for the season".
I used the scratched grid backgrounder on CHF smooth cream cardstock in Antique Linen and Aged Paper Distress inks by Ranger. The blue cardstock mat is Bo-Bunny. The blue ink is Night Sky by Versamagic and the star was done using Tsukineko's glue pad and 7 Gypsies gold foil. (let that glue set a few minutes before applying the foil!) The sentiment is from the "Joyeux Noel" set, and the image is called "Three Wise Men" . I did take a couple of minutes to fussy cut the wise men out and then mount them on foam squares to get extra dimension, totally worth it!!!


I like to crochet mindless projects, you probably knew that already, LOL! I got a huge box of llama yarn back in September that I had bought from my darling friend Dawn Lusk! Laurel instantly claimed it as her own, and has begged, prodded and harassed me into crocheting her a huge blanket and then a scarf too!
I love these projects, it gives me the chance to sit and unwind with kids and enjoy their company in the evenings and weekends, either watching tv or just hanging out. It is to the point that I can actually crochet that same wonderfully repetitive stitch over and over and over without needing to look. Thus I can "work" and not feel guilty about just sitting around on my "assets"!
;o)

I had a chance to take pictures of one of my tennis buddies cute family this afternoon! (Thanks Terra, Jeremy and Crew!!!) They were so cooperative, and even sweet Crew who will be one this Friday worked out in the cold for a bit without complaint! We got some great shots, and I can't wait to see her holiday cards!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand (if you are still with me, you have the patience of a saint!) I got a haircut and color today. I feel much more prepared for the winter now. I like it, it is a little darker and shorter, my hair lightens up naturally really fast and grows too fast, so this will give it a little depth and dimension, and that is a good thing!
Okie, dokie! enough of the blah, blah, blah for now!
Thanks for putting up with me ;o)
B-





4 comments:

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Great card, Bek, fabulous llama blankie, and cute cute hair! And, that may be one of the ONLY times I've ever been called a saint... ;)

Linda Beeson said...

SOOOO love that card! The details are just wonderful!

Brenda Hurd said...

if i type this comment one more flippen time - i'm going to cry - so this time its going to be short and sweet - cute hair - cute you - cute blanket- cute card

Rachel Carlson said...

i LOVE the new look beks!!!