I wanted to share the instructions for making the gift bag that Graphic 45 shared in their newsletter today. It is a very simple project and is great for presenting yummy treats or small special gifts for your Thanksgiving celebration.
1) Cut a piece of Building Blocks at 8 1/2” wide by 12” tall. Place the card stock into the scoring tool with the tall side along the left edge. Score at 1 3/4” and 6 3/4”. Turn card stock so the tall edge is along the top and score at 4 1/2” and 7 1/2”. Fold along all the score lines.
2) Score at a 45 degree angle between the 1/34" score on the sides and the 4 1/2" score in the middle, repeat for the other 6 3/4" and 7 1/2" scores.
3) Apply Scor-Tape to the top left of the paper, fold over and adhere to the back.
4) Repeat for all the other corners.
5) Apply Scor-Tape to the angle scored sections and adhere to the back.
6) Cut a piece of Bedtime Stories at 4 1/2” wide by 2” tall and ink edges with Frayed Burlap Distress ink. Cut a piece of Games and Playtime at 4" x 1 1/4" ink edges, and adhere to center of Bedtime Stories. Use die cut to cut leaf from One, Two, Buckle My Shoe, ink the edges and adhere to Games and Playtime. Cut out letters from The Three R's, ink edges and adhere to Games and Playtime alternating between flat and dimensional adhesives. Adhere to front of the gift bag with dimensional foam adhesive.
7) Trim Bedtime Stories at 4" wide (finished width of gift bag) by 4" tall and use a decorative punch or die to finish edge. Ink edges, then score at 2" from straight edge and adhere to back of gift bag. Tie around with May Arts black silk ribbon and natural colored twine.
8) Apply Scor-Tape to both sides, adhere one side and leave the other open until you fill. Once filled adhere other side to close.
Many thanks to all of my amazing family, and friends. You are truly my loved ones, and what I am most grateful for this Thanksgiving.
With a full heart, Happy Thanksgiving!
~It needs to be said~
4 years ago