Thursday, June 17, 2010

Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining


Card group was last Saturday night, and I love the card that I made for everyone! Our theme for the month was encouragement and using suns, clouds or rainbows. I just adore this Hero Arts stamp called "Clouds" so it of course was the first thing I thought of when we were informed of the theme for our exchange. I did need to make 12 of whatever I designed, so it had to be something that was realistic to get put together without breaking the bank. Stamping is a great way to do that! To get the look of the silver in the cloud lining I mixed up a mini mister with water, a few drops of Faded Jeans re-inker, a few drops of Broken China re-inker and a scoop of Perfect Pearl from my Perfect Pearls collection. Gave it some shaking for a minute and then spritzed it onto my craft mat, then dipped my stamp into it and stamped it onto some Neenah Solar White cardstock and set aside to air dry while I made some kites.
The body of the kite is made with paper from Cosmo Cricket's Girl Friday collection (although any cute paper would work!) and the twine is by Jenni Bowlin.
The sentiment is from a Cornish Heritage Farms set called Encouragement Expressions. I know there will be the right time to give this to someone, but this week was a bit of a challenge for me, so I kept it up where I could see it and let it keep me lifted up with its sweet message.

Hope you are having a happy Thursday!
B-

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning Becky! Love that shimmer!

Eveline said...

Hi Becky, got here through the Papercrafts blog to check out the silver lining on your card. Great idea and one to store away to use myself. Thanks for sharing and what a wonderful card.
Eveline.

Igagnon76 said...

gorgeous card! love the shimmer!

Toni K said...

Gorgeous card! Great idea!