Friday, December 14, 2007

Priorities

Kind of tired today, and feeling pretty selfish, ever get that way? Where you are a little overwhelmed, running on not enough sleep and too much caffeine? That is me for the last two months. I come by the genetics of over doing very honestly though, and I am sure that more than one of my kids will end up this way too! See the little older gentleman in the middle of this picture? He is my only living grandparent, and he is amazing! He has always been the get it done guy and I think he is still around because there are still things for him to do that he wants to get done! I think that I get these traits from him and if I can achieve half of the incredible things that he has, I will feel fulfilled!

So this time of year is a little tough for me with wanting to do to much with not enough time or resources. It is always a good lesson for me to keep my priorities straight. Remember what is important. Will it be the darling wreath on the front door or the handmade cards that will strengthen my relationship with my children and our love for each other? I don't think so, I really believe that it will be the quality of time that we spend with each other building relationships that will last through eternity. That is my biggest priority.
So when I came across this old picture that I hadn't scrapped (it doesn't even have Carter in it!) I was reminded of how important it is to keep what matters most as a priority, the rest will fall away with little or no long term consequence.
I think this is the reason that we have Jesus as our Savior. We need to do the best we can, with what we have, and he will do the rest.
Happy Birthday Christ!
B-

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Amen to that:)

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

I might have to lift this layout!!!!

Kim Mraz said...

I love the bird accents and the colors you used. GREAT layout!