Sunday, June 04, 2006

Big Fun in Buffalo!

Things for my travel to Buffalo started of a bit stormy! Literally! I was at the airport in SLC checking in to get on the plane to Chicago where I found out that all the flights in and out of Chicago were cancelled due to huge thunder storms. I went home with new flight arrangements for the following day. The bummer about this was that this was the day we had scheduled for our Little Black Dress team tourist day! So no Niagara falls for me.
I would then get a phone call from a friend who needed a huge favor. There were some personal issues that prevented her from being able to keep her plans to be in Buffalo and would I please fulfill her assignments? Keep in mind that this gal is dynamite and silly good fun, my taking her place was going to be a a small foot trying to walk in a big pair of shoes, especially with no time for prep or coaching on the ups and downs of the projects and what might happen.
I would want someone to do this for me if I ever had the need, so it was easy for me to set my concerns for my own embarassment aside and quickly say OK! Love ya Mel!
Anyway, Thursday we spent the day preparing and setting up the booth for the vendor fair. We had dinner at a cool place called Adam's Rib, and I then worked on making samples for this new assignment until the wee hours! Thank goodness I did not have to come up with a new project, I just needed to put the pre-cut kits together. I didn't have any of the teaching instuctions, just b&w printouts from an email, the instructions and transparencies were being overnighted to me and would hopefully be there in time!
Friday morning came a little too quickly, hehehe! We got ourselves up and out the door and ready to do the days business! The information that I needed for my duties arrived and I taught make n takes all morning to the people who came and visited the booth. I then went and did the assignment that needed done for my friend, and enjoyed meeting and playing with the wonderful and fun scrappers from Buffalo!
When we were done for the day, we went to Le Nova's and had a wonderful pizza and a huge bucket of wings delivered to the hotel room because we were all so tired!
I got a little more rest this time, but you know how women are when they get together, we do tend to visit longer than is maybe practical, LOL!
The next morning I got going with the rest of the assignment, and again loved meeting and having fun with so many wonderful people! I learned that skewompy is NOT a word in New York, the word would be askew! Finished the rest of the day doing make n takes and then got the booth taken down and the products packed up and put away at about 8:00 p.m. We then went out to dinner in the town we had stayed in at a place called the Creekside. It was delish! The bummer about Sat night was that I had wanted to go to a 2peas dinner and hang out with some of the gals! I had big hopes that if I packed fast enough it would happen, but alas, no such luck, we had some parts that went a little slower than usual. Went to bed at about 12:30.
Sunday morning we were up at 4:00 so we could catch our shuttle at 4:30 to make the 6:00 flight. My flight was on time and easy into Dulles. I went from D.C. to Denver in a beautiful and very comfortable 777. Most of my flights are on much smaller planes, so this was delightful! When I got to Denver I had an unexpected gate change and some mechanical difficulites so the flight was about 30 minutes late. The pilot was wonderful and made up 15 of those!
The family picked me up and after about 9 hours of travel, I was really glad to be home!
I really miss my family when I travel, and I love to travel and meet new people, so this always is hard for me to balance between the two! But my family is always going to be my biggest and most fun priority! What else would I have to scrap about if I didn't have such a fun and wild life?
B-

No comments: