Sunday, December 23, 2012

Celebrating the Holidays with a Hot Cocoa Bar

Hot Cocoa, marshmallows and peppermint sticks!
Putting together a cute place to gather all of the delicious fixings for a memorable mug of warm happiness doesn't take much time, and will make a memorable addition to your holiday decor! Guests and family members alike will love the opportunity to mix that perfect treat, and you have a warm and fuzzy feeling for sharing a simple joy.
Over at the Ruby Rock-It Blog I share the perfect hot cocoa recipe that I found from my favorite chef, Alton Brown, and some jar decorating ideas to put it all together.
















Here is where I thought I could share some of the design logistics for giving it a cohesive look.

The tray was one that I found at a garage sale for $1.00, it is from Wal-Mart and it has had the top painted in a few coats with chalkboard paint and then I just doodled a little and hand wrote the words "hot chocolate bar". I love that it is old and worn looking, and has my personal touch with the very imperfect lettering, it is comfortable and it is my wish that it is inviting. I don't want anyone to feel bad if they spill or smudge, I want them to feel joy as they indulge in a warm cup of happiness.

To make each of the tags I painted both sides of the left over pieces of chipboard from previous projects. After they had dried I ran them through my Sizzix with a tag shaped die cut, hand wrote the ingredient and then tied them onto each of the jars lids. 























The fun of using the chalkboard paint for the tray and labels is that they can all be re-purposed for future displays and holidays. There are so many ways that this little project makes me happy, and I have even made myself a couple more mugs of cocoa than I usually would have consumed this time of year because of the convenience and how inviting it looks.





















I want to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas! And please come back to visit, I really appreciate you!
B-

1 comment:

itsallrosi said...

love the idea of a hot chocolate bar!

I'm heading over now to check out the recipe.

Merry Christmas, Becky!