Saturday, November 12, 2011

Christmas Gift Giving with My Mind's Eye

For my Heartland design team projects I was asked to create some gift and treat packaging and also some home decor items from the My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Christmas collection. This was a fun assignment, and in spite of the glitter that was shed in the cutting of innocent paper, they still have a beautiful glisten when the light hits them just right  ;o)



















I love covering handled bags with pretty paper, and what makes me even happier is when I get to re-use a bag that has come from a store and give it a new life.

A quick and easy container to make for stocking stuffers, teacher and friend gifts or neighbor goodies is what has been nicknamed a "sour cream" wrap. Cut the paper in a square (4" x 4" for smallish all the way up to 12" x 12" if you have bigger and softer items) and adhere end to end on one edge. Apply adhesive to one end (I recommend a double sided adhesive like Scor-Tape), pinch to close, put in gift or goodies, apply adhesive to other side going the opposite direction, pinch to close.














To add a few extra finishing details pull the crimper out of your older crafting supplies and crimp the ends. Punch a hole in the top and tie on a cute die cut with a rustic twine, elegant silk ribbon or cute printed ribbon. You can write a to and from on the back of the tag if you feel the need.

Now just to clarify, I am not even remotely close to having any of my holiday preparations done (or even started for that matter, lol!!) But with Thanksgiving fast approaching and Christmas right on the heels, it can't hurt to have lots of ideas at your finger tips!

It is getting ready to have a nice big snow storm here, so my family is going to put on some college football for the afternoon (U of U is playing UCLA and U of O is playing Stanford, good games!!) and I am going to get crafty  :o)

B-

No comments: