Monday, December 06, 2010

There Was This One Time...

 One of the projects that I made as a Guest Artist for Pink Paislee was this layout. I love this color combination and the background treatment was fun to think up, The one layer was misted with a mix of Ranger Dimensional Pearls that had been diluted with water in a Mini-Mister. The circles were punched and then inked individually to get different depth of color to make them more interesting. I don't know how I thought of the diagonal stitching, but I had done it on this layout first and like it so much that I used it for the Hambly one I did with the squares. I will most definitely be using that again as I am so enamored with the results. The picture was stitched on three sides so that it could hold some hidden journaling. The paper has so much script on it already that I didn't want the story to have to fight for attention or distract from the design. The little butterfly was easy to color with more dimensional pearls that had been diluted and applied with a paint brush. It makes a great pull tab for the journaling card.

Laurel is such a great story teller, she always has fun anecdotes and thrives on the opportunity to share some of her days occurrences. We love that she is so open to sharing her life with us, and is quite entertaining.

B-

No comments: