Sunday, August 16, 2009

It is finally finished!!!

I have been working on this little banner for a few months. It is for Penelope "Penny" Malan, the absolutely adorable daughter of Natalie and Dave Malan. I had fabric from Natalie that matches all of Penny's room decor, she also had gorgeous antique chandelier crystals and crepe paper that she wanted integrated into the design somehow. That is where it all began, but there were quite a few design solutions that I needed to figure out so that it would be perfect!
After thinking, cutting, glueing, sewing, gathering and crop-o-diling, I finally got all of the pieces in place, it made me so happy! The final construction day was yesterday, and I just love how it turned out, hopefully it is perfect for Penny and something Natalie will be happy to hang in her adorable room!

















































I have made a little jam on the side with my FAB crew, Chloe the "Crusher" and Dave the "Cleaner". I am of course the "Pot Stirrer". (What do you think of our new street names? Super Salt Lake don't ya think, LOL!) Well after a days hard work, we had some delish Rainer Cherry jam and Red Raspberry jam to show for our mess, it is supposed to be for the winter, but we are eating it and giving it away so fast, I think we will doing it again soon!
Anyway, I had to make some cute wraps for the ones that I was giving to Celeste. She is the mastermind behind a bunch of my favorite Basic Grey papers, and remember "Lemonade"? Well it was the perfect paper to jazz up the little jars that were going to her house. The good thing is that the jam tastes as good as the wraps look, so there is no deception in advertising there!
I hope everyone takes a second to leave a comment on the previous post, it doesn't need to be long, just say "hi" so that you can be included in the drawing. And thanks so much for all of the support and kind words, you have all touched my heart so much! I am a very lucky girl!

Hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday!
B-

6 comments:

Aly Dosdall said...

Sorry to hear about CHF. =( Congrats on the PC cover--adorable projects! And I LOVE that banner for Nat's sweet little babe. Just gorgeous! Hope you're doing well.

Jean Franks Beck said...

Wow, Becky, that's gorgeous!! My daughter would love something like that.... might have to get out some of my hoarded paper (I don't think I could manage the fabric!). Love the pennies for Penny, too :)

Megan said...

It IS perfect! You're so dang cute. You know I'm going to remember this talent of yours when it comes time to bring my own small one into this world, right? Too late. You've already shared. There's no going back now. ;)

natalie malan said...

I have one super lucky, incredibly spoiled kid!!! I can't wait to hang it up!

Angelnorth said...

Fabulous banner project Bek, I love all the detail here and those chandelier crystals look fabulous! Saturday smile - my word verification for this post is "comic", hope you find something comic to make your weekend a happy one!

Volunteer abroad India said...

What an adorable project! The colors are lively and the design is nice. It's lovely!
Have a wonderful day!