Monday, July 27, 2009

So Glad That...


This day is almost done. What a wacky Monday. I have a lot of things that have been in dynamic balance for a while, and in the last week alot of it has started to change again. I have a large life change that I can talk about more in a few days, and my kids have their own huge milestones as well.

So this morning started out a little too early. We had the whole family over yesterday to celebrate birthdays, and it was raucous to say the least! We had a beautiful dinner that Dave prepared and then s'mores out at the firepit! We know how to eat around here, that is for sure! But we were exhausted and didn't get to bed in a timely manner, yikes! Let me tell you that getting to the DMV in time to see the line at the front door going through the parking lot before they open for business is something that I don't mind waiting five years for. Whilst halfway through my paperwork the very kind clerk says "oh, by the way, did you know that your license is suspended?"
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm...

No. How long has it been that way and why?"

So you can see the beginnings of a very long day there, right? It was a simple thing to clear up, but required a phone call that couldn't be made until another government office opened at nine that could fax over paperwork that somehow hadn't made its way there before. That is what everyone needs on a Monday, one more trip to the DMV, right? So at least while we were there the first time, Chloe passed her permit exam with flying colors and will be terrorizing the local neighbors with her inability to make decisions and concientious, yet overly cautious driving. Better than the other way though I think. My license is all sorted now as well, and I have to add that the people who assisted me today were all the kindest DMV employees I have ever had the pleasure of doing government business with.
Then it was back to home to walk the bad babies in the heat of the late morning, just around the block and they were wilted, so it was home for them where they could nap on mommy's bed and have ice bones for snacks.
The afternoon progressed into getting work done, finishing up last minute details on projects that are going in for pub and the ensuing paperwork. I really do love so much the crafting, but the paperwork is not anyone's favorite part I would have to guess. Sprinkled in between that were emails that reminded me that change is on the horizon and that got me a bit melancholy.
So I thought I would share with you what the remains of my day are, and a little sneak of the ATC set that releases next Tuesday. The bookmark will be accompanying me to my snug little bed that will be crowded by bony dogs and a snoring husband. But the book will be the key to starting tomorrow with a fresh and perky attitude for tomorrow.

B-

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Super sweet Becky! Love your bookmark! Hope you enjoyed the start of your book. And big hugs on those life changes!

Nimue said...

Hope the book was good. Love hearing about your dogs. I have an Irish Wolfhound and I know about dogs wilting. Hearing you makes me feel less odd; makes me feel it's ok to love a BIG dog - Nimmy

Anonymous said...

I think book is great...
I love to see this post...
Thanks for sharing...
__________________
Melvin
Get easy cash at your door step