Tuesday, December 30, 2008

What a wonderful relaxing week!


We have had a wonderful, restful, enjoyable Holiday week!!! I needed a small break to enjoy the kids, do a little crocheting for my parents blanket that I gave them for Christmas, and some crafting! This layout was made with a bunch of odds and ends that had ended up on my desk, they were a great combination of some of my favorite colors, textures, and patterns, so I thought that I would do a layout about myself...
Wacky, I know!
I used my Claudine Hellmuth Studio line "blank canvas" white paint to adhere the butterfllies and little title strips. Distress paint to paint the bird, and those little pom-pom strips are jsut so cute they make me happy just seeing them!
Anyway, if you have a minute, go into your stash and pull out the things that make you smile, and then make a quick layout about it, you will be glad you did!
Have a very safe Happy New Year!!!
B-

10 comments:

Ranger and Tanner said...

can I just link up this and say 'this layout makes me happy', I can't beat pompoms and bling.

Megan said...

I love bitty pom poms. LOVE 'EM! Thanks for sharing the cute page and making me smile.

Happy New Year, my friend!

Penny said...

I love this LO, it made me smile, of course I Love butterflies!! Thanks 4 sharing, first time I've looked at your blog. like it alot.

Penny

Rachel Carlson said...

this is fabulous beks! and if i go in search of all the things that make me happy i'll be left with polka-dots and cupcakes - ha! sad, i know! best wishes for a fabulous 2009! hugs, rachel

Anonymous said...

That's just the best thing I've seen all morning. Love that layout!!!! Great color.

Houston said...

Happy New Year Becky! I love that layout, I have to agree with Christyn, it makes me happy!

Julie said...

So glad you had a relaxing week. Who knew, green is one of your favorite colors? ;) Hope to see you in the new year--soon!

Unknown said...

Ackkkk! This is soooo stunning Becky! I love it!

celester said...

pom poms are the best! i never know quite how to use them, but you've got them just right. and i have to say, it makes me giddy to see you use some of my patterned paper!

islandgirl said...

What a great idea to just go scrap with what makes us happy! Thanks! And beautiful layout, by the way!