Friday, December 19, 2008

1 Picture = 100 words


I have been playing with my Claudine products, and having a LOT of fun trying new things, I will have something to share tomorrow, it just got done too late this evening to share pictures of!

But, there is something else that I wanted to share, it is one of the layouts from my Hall of Fame entry the year I received an Honorable Mention. I haven't shared very many of these layouts because I didn't want to be judged by the masses as to whether I had been worthy or not to receive this honor. But one of my layouts was about a topic that is near and dear to my heart, and this is a good time to share a more private moment that means a lot to me. I craft, a lot, because I like to make things that are from my heart, and when I give them, I like to think that I am giving a small piece of myself with these types of gifts. This is a trait that I learned as a child from my parents, they were people who did things for people that meant something. Simple, meaningful things that could be treasures. This is a trait that I am working on with my children, and it is really hard at times. Ours is a society of instant gratification and indulgence. With the changes in our economic cycle, I would like to challenge everyone to make something simple but meaningful for those people who are important in their lives. Not an extravagent project, but a card, ornament, or other little item that will become a treasure and not forgotten in the coming months.
For our neighbors, we spent time as a family making cookies and the small containers to deliver them in. This was a wonderful experience, and gave us time together to enjoy each others company, a gift that the kids gave to me! I feel very blessed that we had this opportunity, and know that it is what I will remember years down the road!
Anyway, I know that I am preaching to the choir as so many who visit are already crafters, but please take time to slow down and enjoy the people who are the blessings in your life!
B-

2 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Beautiful layout! And beautiful post...indeed...

I just want to say that I am so 'in awe' of your HM!! That is HUGE!!!!

Ranger and Tanner said...

thanks for the inspiration to keep going as the clock clicks down.