Saturday, December 30, 2006

The Post post

We of course have our Christmas Eve tradition of new jammies, but this year I got them for Dave and I as well!
Hilarious!
We made dipped pretzels for the neighbors, they were really cute and ummmm very tasty...
We did make sure that all elves got to have one (or two!) for dessert after dinner that night!

We do the twelve days of Christmas so that the little things that would get lost on the "big" morning get a little more appreciation. One night was the game "Clue" and I have to say that I still get a little welled up when I see them playing together and really enjoying each others company! Very cool!
We had a gingerbread night for the mommies at Aunt Brianna's. This was hard for the kids cuz they usually get to do the decorating, but I actually got to do the picking and planning, and I really enjoyed it! I haven't decorated a house in I can't remember how long, what a treat for me!
I know, kinda selfish, but I promise that it was a one time thing!






We had a beautiful holiday, snow on the ground cheer in the air and lots of time together as a family!
This holiday season has come with a twist. I have noticed the change coming in our family dynamics. Tyler took his first job as a peer instructor at Deer Valley. he is growing up and it is hard to watch! He loves his job and he will be very good at it, he loves kids and he is very patient with them. Very proud of him and his desire to work hard!
Laurel has matured substantially in her capacity for understanding and even though she is still a very impatient person, she is a bundle of joy!
Chloe is such a young lady! She has loved spending time with her BFFs, the cousins!
She has been able to spend so much time with them this holiday season and it has been loads of fun for her!
Carter is still the easiest going guy ever! He is happy if there is something to do and someone to hang out with! He is adorable and it breaks my heart to see my baby getting so big!
So that is the twist, my little family isn't little! They are big.
They are not going to be here for very much longer, and I am trying to squeeze every last bit of me time in with them that I can!

No comments: